18 May 2009

Mental Health: Understanding One Self

I believe part of overall health is how you take care of your own mental health. That includes trying to understand yourself and with that understanding, striving to be maybe be better and happier.

A friend of mine introduced this to me recently. This school of thought divides people into 9 personality types. You could possibly have spikes across several different traits. It does give some structure to your thought process and believe systems.

1 Reformer I do everything the right way. "produces order"

2 Helper I must help others. "humble goodness"

3 Motivator I need to succeed. "Succ-esssss"

4 Romantic I am unique. "tragedy queen"

5 Thinker I need to understand the world. "full of disclaimers"

6 Skeptic I am affectionate and skeptical. "fortress mentality"

7 Enthusiast I am happy and open to new things. "dizzy flirt"

8 Leader I must be strong. "I'm Stalin!"

9 Peacemaker I am at peace. "diversions"


What matters to us changes as the years pass and its interesting to take the test over time to see how these shifts are reflected in personality types.

To take the abbreviated test: http://www.9types.com/

To understand the personality types: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/

1 comment:

Micheal Alexander said...

I got here much interesting stuff. The post is great! Thanks for sharing it! STD Test Singapore